Recipe by marypatlaver
This recipe is my own creation. I had a raw brownie recipe that I adored, but when I adopted low-carb eating habits, I had to forgo them. So I devised a recipe that included coconut & coconut oil instead. These are dense, very rich, very chocolatey, but not very sweet. I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup hershey's extra-dark cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 12 (3 1/2 g) packages Truvia (artificial sweetener)
- 1⁄4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 (3 1/2 g) packet Truvia (artificial sweetener)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First, toast your coconut in a 350 degree oven, stirring often. Remove when your coconut is golden brown & then cool.
- Put walnuts in a food processor & process on low until they are pulverized & resemble coarse sand.
- Add the next five ingredients & process until completely blended & the mixture clumps together.
- Using a one inch scoop or two tablespoons, portion mixture onto a cookie sheet in 14 balls. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- If desired, roll ball in hands to make more symmetrical. Put remaining 1/4 cup coconut, packet of Truvia & tiny pinch of salt in ziplock bag, shaking to combine.
- Put all 14 balls in the ziplock bag at once and shake to evenly distribute coconut coating.
- Store these raw coconut brownie balls covered in the refrigerator.