Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like this because it is low carb and there are so few things Mexican to eat on low carb. Sometimes I like to top it with a fried egg and have it for breakfast.
- Melt one teaspoon of butter in a skillet and add tortilla.
- Place shredded cheese on one half of tortilla and when tortilla softens, fold top half over it.
- Add the other teaspoon of butter to the pan and flip the tortilla with your spatula, just like a grilled cheese.
- When it browns, serve it with sour cream and salsa on top.
- For breakfast, top tortilla with a fried egg and a little more salsa if you like.
- Otherwise just serve it plain.
low fat dairy products do not have increased sugar and modified starches- and they are healthier for the heart and the waist line-which is healthy all the way around. if you have a apple shape figure you also have an increased chance of diabetes, heart disease and certain types of cancer-low fat and low carb should go hand in hand for a healthier you! check out the south beach diet for more info.
Yummy. Although low-carb, doesn't mean low-fat. Full-fat version is great.
I liked this recipe, I used whole fat products and taco bell hot sauce instead of salsa because that's what I keep on hand. Thanks for all your low carb recipes.