Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is off of Food TV's Low Carb and Loving It. I can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Low Carb Praline Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons hot melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (recommend Splenda)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) canno sugar added pumpkin pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup sugar substitute (recommend Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon plus a dash pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
Low Carb Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute (recommend Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Make the crust: Mix all crust ingredients together in a small bowl.
- While mixture is still warm from the butter, press it evenly into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove piecrust from oven.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Make the filling: Place all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Pour filling into prebaked piecrust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Continue to bake for an additional 50 to 55 minutes.
- To test for doneness, stick a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the pie is done.
- Cool and then chill before serving.
- To serve, top each slice with a dollop of low carb whipped cream.
- With an electric mixer on high, whip the heavy cream just until frothy.
- Then add in the sugar substitute and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whip on high until peaks form (be careful not to over-whip, or cream will break).
- Spoon onto pie slices.