Recipe by stjohnkristin
Some of you may be averse to using pork rinds, but I promise you, you won't taste them in this recipe. The pork rinds mainly act as a binder for the pizza crust and there are virtually NO carbs! I will never EVER go back to regular pizza dough again! To make the pizza topping as low as possible in carbs, I made the topping as a "white" pizza - sauteed spinach, seasoned pan roasted chicken and mushrooms. This should satisfy every low-carb eater's pizza craving.
Top Review by gradmanovich
This pizza crust is amazing. I was skeptical after seeing what was in the ingredient list but after reading some reviews I decided to try it. I'm actually eating it as I type lol. I think it's way better than regular crust, so flavorful, very filling. I actually feel like I'm cheating on my induction phase but I'm not!!! The texture matches regular crust so closely that you forget it's not bread. Thank you so much for the greatest pizza crust of all time!!! I have so many plans and ideas for this crust!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup ground pork rind
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix cream cheese, eggs, seasonings, and Italian cheese, mix well. Add ground pork rinds last. This will be a very thick mixture.
- Plop the dough onto a heavily Pam-sprayed pizza pan, or cover a pizza pan with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and roll or pat out to edges. It's a very workable dough.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Top with the lowest carb pizza sauce you can find, mozzarella cheese and favorite toppings, bake again until bubbly. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 14g Fat (76.5% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Fat.