Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Some of you may be averse to using pork rinds, but I promise you, you won't taste them in this recipe. The pork rinds mainly act as a binder for the pizza crust and there are virtually NO carbs! I will never EVER go back to regular pizza dough again! To make the pizza topping as low as possible in carbs, I made the topping as a "white" pizza - sauteed spinach, seasoned pan roasted chicken and mushrooms. This should satisfy every low-carb eater's pizza craving.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup ground pork rind
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix cream cheese, eggs, seasonings, and Italian cheese, mix well. Add ground pork rinds last. This will be a very thick mixture.
- Plop the dough onto a heavily Pam-sprayed pizza pan, or cover a pizza pan with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and roll or pat out to edges. It's a very workable dough.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Top with the lowest carb pizza sauce you can find, mozzarella cheese and favorite toppings, bake again until bubbly. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 14g Fat (76.5% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Fat.
I loved this pizza crust easy to work with and helped with the pizza craving.
this was pretty good, but it wasn't the easiest dough to work w/. i had to pat it out and it stuck to my hands pretty bad even after oiling them pretty good. i used 2 cups of mozzarella, wasn't sure exactly what italian cheese to use. next time i'll try it w/ just one egg. worked great though and definitely gave me my pizza fix. it's super filling though, i made it on a med sized rectangle cookie sheet and cut into 8 pieces. i ate the 1st piece fine, but couldn't even get through 1/2 the 2nd piece. i used to put down 4+ pieces of regular pizza! (no wonder my butt's so big lol) i froze the left overs so now i can just pop them in the nuker for a quick lunch.
OMG OMG Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!! It was aaaaamazing!! Turned out perfectly!