Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up last night, because we were hungry for pizza while doing the low carb thing. It's not as good as real pizza with bread crust, but we enjoyed it a lot. It satisfied our craving, and my husband asked me to make it again tonight. Hope you like it, too!
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- pepperoni (or whatever your favorite pizza toppings are)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Mix well grated zucchini and 2 eggs.
- Place zucchini mixture on the pizza pan, spreading out to the edges of the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce on partially-cooked"crust" to within about 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Top with pepperoni and/or other pizza toppings.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Great recipe however I salted the zucchini first and let it 'sweat' for 15 minutes and then wrung out as much of the water as I could. Eliminates the watery problem you have with zucchini.
This was delicious. Wonderful recipe. I will make again and again. I did add garlic, oregano, basil and approx 1/2 c parmesan cheese the the crust. YUM!!!!
This is a great recipe with changes. First, put a little salt on the shredded zucchini and let sit for about 15 minutes. Then take a clean cotton towel, put the zucchini in it and wring it out as hard as you can. Proceed with recipe except add some mozzarella cheese into the crust and heat the pizza stone, then oil the stone before spreading the crust ingredients on it. You can also make your own low-er carb pizza sauce without sugar. A really yummy supper!