Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my own version of pizza you can have when doing the low carb thing. It is delicious, even if your not on a diet!
- 1 low-carb tortilla, wrap (any flavor)
- 1 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- pepperoni (about 15 slices, enough to cover pizza)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese (not in the green can!)
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly on one side of tortilla, lightly sprinkle with garlic salt(to taste) and place oil side down on a pizza pan.
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil on dry side of tortilla and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt (to taste).
- Place thinly sliced tomato in one layer across tortilla.
- Place pepperoni in one layer on top of tomatoes.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated 425°F oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Turn oven to broil until golden and bubbly.
- Keep a close eye on this pizza--it is very thin and can burn very quickly. Worth every bite!
This is genius and has so many different topping possibilities. I can imagine it would be really delicious with some fresh tomatoes from the garden come summer time. I made it as the recipe stated but the only thing I would change next time would be less oil on the tortilla. I only used 1 tbsp and it was still plenty. I want to try it with some crumbled bacon and pineapples next time!
Oh my Gosh! I wish there were more stars to give this recipe! It really does taste like a real pizza. Oh thank you so very much! now I can have pizza again! The only thing we did different was we spread a thin layer of tomato sauce under the tomato slices. And this is the first time I've ever used real parmesan, and she is so right! Don't use the canned stuff.. This is a real winner.