Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Feels like you're cheating and actually eating pizza! A must try and soooo simple too. Please if possible use pizza sauce made by L. E. Roselli's. It's their Low Carb Pizza Sauce and only has 2 carbs for 1/4 cup!! It's the best sauce I've found. I buy it by the case and one jar is enough to do 4 BIG Portabella Pizzas. They are located in N.J. but I get it at my local Low Carb store here in Florida. Get the sauce!! It makes the pizza. Serve with a nice big green salad.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms (I buy a 4 pack at Sams Club)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to rub on the mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup pizza sauce (low carb, please see note above)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni (or your favorite toppings)
- 3 teaspoons parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Clean and dry mushrooms removing the stems but keeping the gills.
- Rub both sides of the mushrooms liberly with olive oil but not dripping in oil.
- Place on large cookie sheet with a rim, (or it will drip), gill side up. No need to oil cookie sheet but you can lay down parchment paper or foil for easier clean up.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on gill side only.
- Pour 1/4 cup low carb pizza sauce on top of the inside of each mushroom.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of motzzarella on top of the sauce of each mushroom.
- Lay 4 or 5 slices of pepperoni on top the motzzarella.
- Sprinkle lightly with dried oregano.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of your mushrooms, until hot, lightly brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy as a meal with a green salad. Or try sharing as an appetizer or as a side in place of a veggie.