Feels like you're cheating and actually eating pizza! A must try and soooo simple too. Please if possible use pizza sauce made by L. E. Roselli's. It's their Low Carb Pizza Sauce and only has 2 carbs for 1/4 cup!! It's the best sauce I've found. I buy it by the case and one jar is enough to do 4 BIG Portabella Pizzas. They are located in N.J. but I get it at my local Low Carb store here in Florida. Get the sauce!! It makes the pizza. Serve with a nice big green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large portabella mushrooms (I buy a 4 pack at Sams Club)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to rub on the mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup pizza sauce (low carb, please see note above)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni (or your favorite toppings)
- 3 teaspoons parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano (or to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Clean and dry mushrooms removing the stems but keeping the gills.
- 3Rub both sides of the mushrooms liberly with olive oil but not dripping in oil.
- 4Place on large cookie sheet with a rim, (or it will drip), gill side up. No need to oil cookie sheet but you can lay down parchment paper or foil for easier clean up.
- 5Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on gill side only.
- 6Pour 1/4 cup low carb pizza sauce on top of the inside of each mushroom.
- 7Sprinkle 1/4 cup of motzzarella on top of the sauce of each mushroom.
- 8Lay 4 or 5 slices of pepperoni on top the motzzarella.
- 9Sprinkle lightly with dried oregano.
- 10Bake 12 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of your mushrooms, until hot, lightly brown and bubbly.
- 11Enjoy as a meal with a green salad. Or try sharing as an appetizer or as a side in place of a veggie.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Pizza With Portabella Mushroom Crust!
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 1308.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 14.7 g