Recipe by alijen
Pizza? On a low-carb diet? This recipe sure helps for those of us who love pizza, but hate the carbs it comes with. Make sure to top with sugar-free tomato sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like! (my favorite: grilled chicken, bell peppers, and mushrooms) Adapted from low-carb and lovin' it on FoodTV.
Top Review by MrsK
Did not like it at all. Taste was fine, but textue was quite strange, crumbly, too spongy for pizza base. Maybe if I had used flaxmeal, like the prior reviewer... If I ever try this recipe again with flax and it works I'll change my review. Sorry...
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy flour
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray two 12-inch pizza pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together into a smooth, pancake-batter-like mixture.
- Spread the batter as thinly and evenly as possible over the two pizza pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and firm to the touch.
- Then turn oven to 400 degrees, top pizza with whatever you like, and return to oven for another 10-12 minutes.
- cut each pizza into 8 pieces.