Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pizza? On a low-carb diet? This recipe sure helps for those of us who love pizza, but hate the carbs it comes with. Make sure to top with sugar-free tomato sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like! (my favorite: grilled chicken, bell peppers, and mushrooms) Adapted from low-carb and lovin' it on FoodTV.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy flour
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray two 12-inch pizza pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together into a smooth, pancake-batter-like mixture.
- Spread the batter as thinly and evenly as possible over the two pizza pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and firm to the touch.
- Then turn oven to 400 degrees, top pizza with whatever you like, and return to oven for another 10-12 minutes.
- cut each pizza into 8 pieces.
Did not like it at all. Taste was fine, but textue was quite strange, crumbly, too spongy for pizza base. Maybe if I had used flaxmeal, like the prior reviewer... If I ever try this recipe again with flax and it works I'll change my review. Sorry...
We heard the comment about the soy concern. We added 1 tbsp parmesan and 1 tbsp parsley to the crust. We also then subbed 1/2 cup flax meal for 1/2 cup of the soy flour. This really helped it taste non-soyish to us. We have a pizza stone and that makes for a great crust too. LOVED it! Oh.. we omitted the club soda -- the crust seemed wet enough maybe because of the sub for flax/soy.
I found this recipe very heavy with a strong and distinctive taste (of soya flour).