Recipe by Hollyism
These are like pizza-flavored mini-quiches using pepperoni as the crust in a mini-muffin pan. They also can be made without the pepperoni. You can use small amounts of whatever pizza ingredients you like.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or combine with other cheeses such as parmesan)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely minced (or other pizza topping)
- 24 slices pepperoni, preferably in large thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Poke the pepperoni slices into the bottoms of the mini-muffin cups, or butter the cups well if you aren't using the pepperoni (I find that oiling the pans doesn't work as well).
- Cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, garlic, and oregano, and beat until smooth.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand.
- Fill the muffin cups with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in center. Remove from oven, and cool for a few minutes (5-10), then run a knife around the top to loosen (I use a plastic knife for my nonstick pan). Remove to a plate.