Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are like pizza-flavored mini-quiches using pepperoni as the crust in a mini-muffin pan. They also can be made without the pepperoni. You can use small amounts of whatever pizza ingredients you like.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or combine with other cheeses such as parmesan)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely minced (or other pizza topping)
- 24 slices pepperoni, preferably in large thin slices
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Poke the pepperoni slices into the bottoms of the mini-muffin cups, or butter the cups well if you aren't using the pepperoni (I find that oiling the pans doesn't work as well).
- Cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, garlic, and oregano, and beat until smooth.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand.
- Fill the muffin cups with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in center. Remove from oven, and cool for a few minutes (5-10), then run a knife around the top to loosen (I use a plastic knife for my nonstick pan). Remove to a plate.
These were great! Thank you for bring pizza back into my life!
There's nothing not to love about these little bites of yummy goodness...I made as posted with the addition of black olives I had on hand...these are easy to prepare, heat well and taste great cold...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
Very tasty. I used pizza sauce and omitted the additional seasoning. Added mushrooms and onions. Only had cheddar cheese, and it worked just fine. A good substitute for pizza when you are watching carbs. Can't wait to try them cold for breakfast.