Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this delicious recipe from www.atkinsdietbulletboard.com the orginal chef is Bikergoddess. We all thank her for creating this great recipe. It's not exactly like pizza, but it's pretty close. I like it alot. I've made it twice now, and will be making it over and over again.
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml chives
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning or 2.46 ml pizza seasoning
- 2.46 ml wet garlic or 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml pizza sauce (the lowest carb you can find) or 118.29 ml tomato sauce (the lowest carb you can find)
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings, of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Add cream, parmesan, chives, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Place 2 cups mozzarella cheese in bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread sauce over baked mixture.
- Add toppings of choice.
- Cover with remaining mozzerella cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
This is AWESOME! I have made it about 4 times now, but last night's was the best yet. I did make a bunch of alterations to find the perfect version and here it is. First, I added oregano, minced garlic, chives & red pepper flakes to the egg mixture to give it some more flavor. Next, after I spread the mozzerella cheese onto the bottom of the pan, I stuck that in the oven for about 5 minutes. By doing this, I found that at the end of everything, the bottom came out to be a PERFECT crust!!! Next, I used Contadina marinara sauce (very low in sugar and carbs) and added plenty of oregano, garlic powder, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley, and let it simmer for the entire time that the pizza was cooking. This is the absolute essential step - use a large round pan!! I've done it all different ways, and by spreading the "dough" out on such a large surface, it was the perfect texture and had a great crunch to it, just like real pizza! To the top, I added mozzerella cheese and made half of the pizza with peppers and onions, and the other half with bacon bits. My hubby LOVED it - and he's a true skeptic of low carb "mock" dishes!!
This is a great recipe! I made mine into a white pizza, followed the directions for the crust, then sprinkled 1 cup of feta, some chopped spinach, and topped with a little extra mozzarella. I also added some grilled chicken breast. It was yummy from bottom to top :)
If you read no other review, read this one. I'm writing this after a long week and, really, all I wanted was an adult beverage and pizza. I'm going to bed happy; before I do, however, I'm writing my first online recipe review, ever. The pizza was that good. You need to know 3 things:<br/><br/>1. This recipe is amazing; trust the reviews. I'm not a great cook and the final product turned out better than I anticipated. Quite frankly, low carb or not, this was one of the best pizzas that I've ever had (and I'm a foodie!). I made a primal guttural sound when I took my first bite.<br/><br/>2. The "dough" will be soupy before you cook it. I was doubtful, but see above :)<br/><br/>3. Follow the advice of "Chef #464581": (1) add extra spices to the dough," including red pepper flakes, (2) put the "bottom-of-the-pan mozzarella" in the pan and place the pan in the oven for a few minutes before baking the egg/cream cheese/spice mixture on top of the cheese, (3) use a round pizza pan, it works wonders, and (4) spice up the tomato sauce!<br/><br/>I'm not kidding. DO IT!