Recipe by Sidd
I got this delicious recipe from www.atkinsdietbulletboard.com the orginal chef is Bikergoddess. We all thank her for creating this great recipe. It's not exactly like pizza, but it's pretty close. I like it alot. I've made it twice now, and will be making it over and over again.
Top Review by Toucansam418
This is AWESOME! I have made it about 4 times now, but last night's was the best yet. I did make a bunch of alterations to find the perfect version and here it is. First, I added oregano, minced garlic, chives & red pepper flakes to the egg mixture to give it some more flavor. Next, after I spread the mozzerella cheese onto the bottom of the pan, I stuck that in the oven for about 5 minutes. By doing this, I found that at the end of everything, the bottom came out to be a PERFECT crust!!! Next, I used Contadina marinara sauce (very low in sugar and carbs) and added plenty of oregano, garlic powder, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley, and let it simmer for the entire time that the pizza was cooking. This is the absolute essential step - use a large round pan!! I've done it all different ways, and by spreading the "dough" out on such a large surface, it was the perfect texture and had a great crunch to it, just like real pizza! To the top, I added mozzerella cheese and made half of the pizza with peppers and onions, and the other half with bacon bits. My hubby LOVED it - and he's a true skeptic of low carb "mock" dishes!!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wet garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (the lowest carb you can find) or 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (the lowest carb you can find)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Add cream, parmesan, chives, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Place 2 cups mozzarella cheese in bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread sauce over baked mixture.
- Add toppings of choice.
- Cover with remaining mozzerella cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.