Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have never cared for pimiento cheese until I tried this recipe, I'm on low carb diet so was desperate to find low carb but tasty foods, this hit the spot! Good on bread, crackers and celery.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup pecans (chopped and toasted)
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion (finely grated)
- Make the mayo mixture. In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, diced pimiento, Worcestershire sauce, grated onion, until blended.
- Toast the pecans. Preheat your oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring halfway through.
- Shred the cheese. Fresh cheese makes a difference.
- Stir and enjoy. Add pecans and shredded cheeses to mayo mixture, stirring until blended. You can store it in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Serve with celery sticks, bread or assorted crackers.
I have been looking for this recipe for some time now because I saw it in Southern Living a long time ago. Thanks for posting! I love it!