I was looking for a good recipe to make a crust for quiche and custards and came across this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F Mix together the flax meal, almond flour and salt. In a separate microwave-safe container, melt the butter in a microwave and stir in the Splenda. Now mix both together thoroughly.
- 2This batter will be a soft goo. Spread the batter out with a spatula into a 9" pie plate. Cook it for about 12 minutes at 375F, or until the crust is relatively firm and a bit on the brownish side. Let it cool thoroughly.
- 3This recipe is great for making ahead of time and freezing, then pulling out when you have a pie you want to make. Put the crust in the fridge for about an hour before using it, so that the dough is nice and firm before you add in the pie ingredients.
- 4If you divide your pie up into 8 slices, each slice will have about 2g in net carbs from the pie crust material. Compare that with many commercial pie crusts which can reach 10g or more per slice! It's definitely worth it to make your own pie crusts, no matter what kind of a diet you are on. It saves you money, too!
- 5If your local store does not carry almond flour, it's easy enough to buy online. Just do a Google search to find a few vendors.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: