Recipe by d.rae
Mom loved to pick the mushy fruit from tree out back to bake the moist, delicious cookies. Now it's my turn. I have substituted the ingredients from the original "full carb" recipe handed down from Mom. Sorry Mom, but I think you would agree that this recipe is just as good.
- 1⁄4 cup golden flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1 cup artificial sweetener (Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 persimmons (2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- Peel and stem the persimmons then process them in food processor or blender.
- Blend all dry ingredients together. Beat in eggs and persimmon pulp.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Options: Add chocolate chips, nuts or/and raisins as desired.