Recipe by Lou
made with eggs so it has no doughy crust. It is very low carb,but you would never know it!I found it in Better Homes and Gardens phase 1 low carb recipe book. We dearly love pizza, and this is the first 'substitute' that has come close to a pizza. We were shocked to find it so good!I did use a lot more pepperoni, and left it in slices. I also added a sprinkling of dried minced onion to the eggs as they cooked. What's pizza without onions??
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, chopped (I left mine in slices)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, oregano, salt, and pepper: set aside. Lightly coat a large broiler proof skillet with cooking spray. heat skillet over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. sprinkle with garlic. As it sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifing edges until almost set.
- Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle mixture with chopped tomatoes. Place skillet under the broiler 4-5 inches from heat. Broil for 1-2 minutes or just until top is set. Remove from broiler.
- Top with pepperoni, and 1/2 cup cheese, and return to broiler. Broil 1-2 minutes til cheese melts. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cut into wedges.