1 hr 30 mins
I found this on another website and wanted to share with everyone. These are delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup erythritol (powdered)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (concentrated liquid Splenda preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the filling
- 1Heat cream and the rest of ingredients. Turn off heat and add chocolate. If you're melting it in the cream, let stand until chocolate is melted - stir once in awhile. When it is all melted, the mixture will be fairly thick. Adjust sweetener to taste.
- 2While the cream is heating and chocolate melting, mix up the filling. If it's too sticky, put a little more almond flour or erythritol into it. You want to be able to form it easily without getting it all over your hands. Adjust sweetness (and possibly salt level) to taste.
- 3Put heaping tablespoons or globs of the chocolate the size of a walnut into the mini muffin tin. If it is thick enough you can sort of push out a place in the center and make the chocolate even around the sides. If it isn't yet thick enough for this, don't worry, the peanut butter will push it up the sides.
- 4Form the peanut butter into smaller globs/balls. Push them into the chocolate, including pushing the top so it's flat.
- 5Chill the whole thing in the refrigerator for half an hour or so.
- 6Remove from fridge and run hot water over the bottom of the pan for just a few seconds.
- 7Take a thin knife (I use plastic) and insert it at the edge of a cup. You should be able to turn the whole thing a bit - then you know you can easily pop it out. If it doesn't work right away, give it a few seconds so that the heat can penetrate, or it may need another shot of heat.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 77.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: