If you do not like to use soy flour, I'm sure you could substitute almond flour in this recipe. I found this on Bob's Red Mill's website. I've modified this recipe to make it low carb and vegetarian. These are not super fluffy and slightly dense. I found these to be very filling and taste great with my Blueberry Pancake Syrup, which is low carb also. ETA: I made this with almond flour and it tasted very good. I needed to add a few spoonfuls of additional coconut flour to thicken the batter.
- Mix wet ingredients and mix dry ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- This batter will be thicker than normal pancake batter.
- Cook in pan/griddle on med heat with oil. (it will not 'bubble' like regular pancakes).
- Flip when underside is browned.
- The middle of these pancakes will feel a bit soft on the inside. Once cooled a bit, it will firm up.