Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a recipe from Curbingcarbs. It is a pretty good alternative to the real thing for those of us on a low carb diet. The texture is almost perfect.
- Mix together all the ingredients with a whisk. Batter should be a bit runny.
- Cook in a lightly greased skillet as you would any pancake recipe.
- Drop batter on surface in large spoonfulls.
- Cook until each side is lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and low carb store bought syrup.
Very close to the real thing. The texture was great and the cottage cheese gave it a similar flavor to that of a buttermilk pancake. The only additions I made were some cinnamon and a little stevia to sweeten them a bit. These cook a bit longer than regular pancakes, about 6 plus minutes per side until their well browned, otherwise the flax is gummy in the middle. Next time I'm going to try a 50/50 nut meal and flax meal mix and see if they cook a little faster and for the nutty flavor.
These came out wonderful! I also added some cinnamon, ginger, and splenda. Like the previous reviewer notes, you need to cook them a bit longer 5-6 mins on each side. Also note that the recipe makes 6 small pancakes - more like the stacking kind.