Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this recipe posted by Shana C (#216413) It looked really good, but I'm on a low carb diet, so I altered it to make it lower in carbs - the results were great. I'm always looking for more flavorful dishes that will satisfy me while doing the low carb thing.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb beef steak (sliced very thin)
- 4 cups green beans, cut into in 1-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 3 g single serving packets artificial sweetener (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh Thai red chili pepper, sliced (to taste)
- Stir together the fish sauce, red curry paste, sweetener and chili paste, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add oil and garlic and red pepper flakes, or chiles if using, heat for a minute. Add the beef and saute on medium-high heat until meat is done. Add green beans and all other ingredients and continue to cook for about 1 minute (longer if using frozen beans) until the beans are tender crisp.
- (Can be served over steamed jasmine rice, if not waching carbs!).