Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a low carb spin off of the Ramen Oriental Salad. I love this salad and have enjoyed it with grilled chicken and sauteed shrimp to make a meal out of it.
- 2 cups green cabbage (shredded or sliced thin)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded or sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar substitute (I use splenda, you can also use real sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion (3 stalks green onions, white and green part sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place the green and red cabbage in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the soy sauce, oil and vinegar on medium high heat just until the mixture comes to a light boil. Whisk in the splenda and set aside.
- In a small saute pan, heat the sesame oil, almonds and sesame seeds on medium high. Toast the almonds and seeds stirring constantly until the sesame seeds start turning golden brown. Immediately pour the nuts and seeds into the soy sauce mix and stir.
- Add in the scallions, and then pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad until the dressing is completely incorporated.
- Allow the salad to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving up to 4 hours.
I just loved this salad! I used a whole bag of chopped cabbage, and about half of the recipe seemed to cover it really well. The flavor was very close to the regular recipes using sugar. I'll be making this all summer long....Thanks!