Okay, I know what you're thinking, "Pork rinds? In cookies!? Yuck!" But, hey, this is low carb, baby, what am I suppose to do?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces pork rinds, finely ground (2 cups ground)
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the pork rinds, Splenda, Sugar Twin, baking powder, soda, cinnamon ginger and nutmeg with a whisk until blended.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the fresh ginger, orange zest, vanilla, sour cream and eggs together.
- 4Stir into the pork rind mixture until well blended.
- 5Drop rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets, 2-inches apart.
- 6Flatten with the bottom of an oiled glass.
- 7Bake for 12 minutes.
- 8Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Orange Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown Sugar Twin