Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Okay, I know what you're thinking, "Pork rinds? In cookies!? Yuck!" But, hey, this is low carb, baby, what am I suppose to do?
- 5 ounces pork rinds, finely ground (2 cups ground)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup brown Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the pork rinds, Splenda, Sugar Twin, baking powder, soda, cinnamon ginger and nutmeg with a whisk until blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat the fresh ginger, orange zest, vanilla, sour cream and eggs together.
- Stir into the pork rind mixture until well blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets, 2-inches apart.
- Flatten with the bottom of an oiled glass.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool.
They're great !!!!
Too spicy and the smell of the pork rinds was overwhelming
My husband and I were a bit weary of cookies made with pork rinds, but they are pretty good. They are not very sweet but if you are in the mood for a healthy cookie then this would be great. I did not have fresh ginger or an orange handy so I just added ground ginger and dried orange zest. I think fresh would make this cookie even better. Also I don't care for almonds so I added a bit of almond butter in place of the walnuts. I will definitely make this one again!