Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The flavor can be varied by using sugarfree strawberry or red raspberry Jello with corresponding sodas. The cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 314.66 ml boiling water
- 2 (18.14 g) package sugar-free orange gelatin
- 473.18 ml diet orange soda (preferable Diet Rite brand)
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 2 packet Splenda sugar substitute
- Combine the boiling water with the Jello powder, add the diet soda and chill until partially set.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and then gradually add the partially set Jello to the cream cheese.
- Beat the whipping cream with the sweetener to soft peaks and then fold into the gelatin mixture.
- Cover and chill until firm.
It's wonderful. Works with any flavor Jello, just use the same flavor soda. I used reduced fat cream cheese -- even omitted it completely one time, and it was different, but still GOOD. Thanks for this dieters' life-saver!
I LOVE THIS!! I have made it in all flavors but my favorite is Lemon Chiffon- I used sugar free lemon jello and Stewarts diet perk up- lemon/lime soda. I heat the cream cheese slightly in the micro, whip it and slowly add the soda while whipping- then I add the slightly set jello (made only with the hot water), mix well then I fold in the whip cream. This sets very well and is easier to get the cream cheese to mix. No need to go without dessert now! Thank you Mercy. bethstwin
I brought this salad to a party and everyone loved it; and they didn't even know that it was low carb!