Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
from the site "Low Carbs Friends." Kept here for safe keeping. Hopefully, delish!!
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 drops liquid Splenda (3 small packages of splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- In a small bowl, beat egg with fork and add in the rest of the ingredients until.
- a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour into a cup which will hold 8 ounces. You could use a coffee mug.I Pammed it.Microwave for one minute.
- The carb count would depend on the sweetener. You could use Davinici syrup.I don't think it would affect the texture of the cake.But, without the sweetener, you would have .7 carb for the egg and 2 NET carbs for the cocoa powder.About 3 net carbs in all.then add the sweetener carbs.
To answer another reviewer's concern: the cocoa is the flour in this cake. Technically, flour is the powder yield from grinding any seed or grain or starchy root. I made this and the other quick low carb chocolate cake - I prefer this because it has a richer chocolate taste. What I did change was the followiong: the amount of baking powder - 1/4 tsp is all I found this needs and I use oil rather than butter. Also, I cook it until it just starts to rise over the edge of the mug - then it's still liquid in the very center and not as rubbery as a microwave-oven baked goodie can get.
Tasted like I just ate a chocolate omelet, if it wasn't for the chocolate mousse on it, that I worked so hard on, I might have thrown it away
Loved it! Just adjusted the Splenda to 5 packets, with 3 it was a bit bitter for me. Hubby loved it :)