Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
My friend who's trying the low carb thing told me about this recipe. It's not quite oatmeal, but it's definitely hot and filling just like the real thing.
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Microwave on high for about two and half minutes (depending on the strength of your microwave).
- Break up with your spoon for that traditional oatmeal texture.
I did not like this recipe at all. It smelled cheesy no matter how many different "sweet" spices I added, pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon and it didnt taste that great. It had a spongy texture as well that I just did not prefer.