Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another dessert recipe for lo-carb diets. A no-bake, easy treat. I found this in a pamphlet I recieved in the mail, advertising for Carb Options peanut butter. Cook time is chill time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (try to find a low carb peanut butter if you can!)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely chopped peanuts or unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients, except peanuts or coconut, in a bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Chill 30 minutes, till firm.
- Roll into 3/4" balls, then roll balls in peanuts or coconut.
- Chill 15 minutes more.
I tried it and it's good. I didn't think it was oh so great to die for heaven but if you're doing Atkins and need something creamy and peanut buttery that kinda reminds you of a snickers bar made with Splenda then this is the dessert for you. I also found lo carb peanut butter made by Jif. If you can spare the carbs use the regular stuff then it'll be to die for heaven!