Recipe by Carb Lover
I LOVE noodle pudding, not being Jewish I had no good family recipes for it but being from NY I DID have some great delis, and ate more than my share of it. Which is why I now need to make a low carb version :) This uses spaghetti squash instad of noodles. I took a recipe I had and tweaked it. Let me know how you like it. Its not the real deal but its close. Enjoy
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
Very tasty! I did use all low fat ingredients, after all thats why I'm eating spaghetti squash! Used egg whites instead of whole eggs, 1 T. butter, did not have french vanilla coffee creamer subbed vanilla and my low fat coffee creamer, did not have special K used ground flax seed for topping and packet splenda to taste. These changes did not seem to effect the outcome of this dish although I'm sure it is not as rich as your version. It was "custard ie" and tasted great. I already had spaghetti squash cooked so it was easy to throw toghether. I made half a recipe it filled an 8X8 pan nicely and I baked for one hour. Loved the flavor and will be making again. Thanks for posting Carb Lover.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 5 eggs
- 1 lb 2% fat cottage cheese, not fat free
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, Philadelphia's
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (pouch not packets)
- 1⁄2 cup low carb French vanilla flavored coffee creamer, its usually in the milk area of supermarkets
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla Special K cereal
- butter-flavored cooking spray (I use "I can't believe its not butter")
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the squash by placing in boiling water for about 20-30 minutes - let cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- After squash has cooled cut open and take out the insides using a fork.
- Mix the squash with the next 8 ingredients, and place in a 9X12 pan sprayed with the butter spray.
- In a small bowl spray some butter sray on the cereal, crunch it a bit with your fingers and sprinkle over the pudding.
- Bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes, you may have to place foil over the top towards the end so the cereal doesn't get too crispy. Check for doneness by inserting a sharp knife in the center, it should come out clean. Remove from oven and let get to room temp or refrigerate and serve cold, either way it is yummy and an interesting way to use spaghetti squash.
- prep time includes the cooking of the squash.