from Firehouse 1's Note:
A great treat for people on low carb diets. I combined the best of two recipes for this simple dessert that i can eat and still drop the pounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup crushed pretzel sticks or 2/3 cup crushed pecans
- 1 1/2-2 cups Splenda sugar substitute, plus
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Mix water, gelatin and 1 1/2 cups Splenda and warm on stove. (you may want to add 2 cups of Splenda instead of 1 1/2).
- 2Add ingredients for Option 1 or 2 here also.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Melt butter.
- 5Crush Pretzels and mix with butter and 3 tbso Splenda. (You can substitute 1 cup chopped pecans for the pretzels; this will improve taste and lower the carbs).
- 6Press into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.
- 7Bake@ 350 for 8 minutes.
- 8In large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and almond.
- 9Blend in gelatin mixture.
- 10Pour into spring form with crust.
- 11Place in refrigerator and cool 4 to 5 hours.
- 12Optional ingredients:.
- 13Option 1: Replace unflavored gelatin with sugar free jello any flavor and reduce Splenda by 1/2 cup.
- 14Option 2: Add 1/4 cup cocoa with additional 1/2 cup Splenda.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb New York Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 255.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g