Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great treat for people on low carb diets. I combined the best of two recipes for this simple dessert that i can eat and still drop the pounds.
- 2⁄3 cup crushed pretzel sticks or 2⁄3 cup crushed pecans
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups Splenda sugar substitute, plus
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix water, gelatin and 1 1/2 cups Splenda and warm on stove. (you may want to add 2 cups of Splenda instead of 1 1/2).
- Add ingredients for Option 1 or 2 here also.
- Let cool.
- Melt butter.
- Crush Pretzels and mix with butter and 3 tbso Splenda. (You can substitute 1 cup chopped pecans for the pretzels; this will improve taste and lower the carbs).
- Press into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake@ 350 for 8 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and almond.
- Blend in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into spring form with crust.
- Place in refrigerator and cool 4 to 5 hours.
- Optional ingredients:.
- Option 1: Replace unflavored gelatin with sugar free jello any flavor and reduce Splenda by 1/2 cup.
- Option 2: Add 1/4 cup cocoa with additional 1/2 cup Splenda.
I made this without the crust and it was a delicious no bake cheesecake. I also used low fat cream cheese and sour cream too. I mixed splenda with blueberries and topped it. Woweeee, best dessert I've had since watching my carbs. I think next time I'll put the mixture in individual custard cups for ease of serving.