Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 5 net carbs, 6 total carbs, 1g fiber, 24g protein, 36g fat, 440 calories
- 1 1⁄2 lbs minute steaks (4 steaks)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced (or white)
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh
- Season steaks with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add 2 steak and sear until just cooked through, about 3 min per side.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Repeat with other steaks.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil in skillet over high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onionl saute until golden, about 8 minute.
- Add broth, any accumulated juices from the steaks, lemon juice, paprika, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, and remaning 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minute.
- Pour sauce over steaks, sprinkle with parsley, and serve hot.