Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you don't tell someone who eats them, they will never have a clue that these little french toast pancakes are made with pork rinds.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unflavored pork rinds (mild flavor, like Bacon-ettes)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon eggnog (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Crush the pork rinds up until they resemble fine bread crumbs (use your food processor if you like - or put them in a Ziploc bag - air removed - and roll them with a rolling pin) then set aside.
- Beat eggs well and then mix with remaining ingredients and beat again.
- Add crushed pork rinds to the egg/cream mixture and allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes (do not skimp on the resting time).
- Mixture will thicken to a "gloppy" phase during this time.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet or griddle with butter or oil, and when hot, fry pancake style until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite low-carb maple syrup (DaVinci, Keto, Atkins, Howards, etc, etc).