Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great for a quick breakfast or snack!
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular or 8 drops splenda liquid sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, soften the cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds.
- Beat well with a fork until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat very well until creamy; mix in remaining ingredients.
- Use a small rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that all the batter is in the bottom.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; rotate bowl (do not stir) and cook another 30 seconds.
- If center still looks too runny, cook another 30 seconds.
- May take up to 2 1/2 minutes total, depending on your microwave.
- Center should be a bit soft for the danish filling effect.
- Run a small rubber spatula around the danish, then under it to release from bowl.
- Transfer to a small plate.
- Cool until just warm or cool completely before eating.
I came on here looking for a quick low carb microwave cheesecake recipe.. I was not disappointed. So good.
The first time I saw this danish was in the Protein Power Plan diet years ago. I add a teaspoon or so of fruit only spread to the top half way through the cooking time. It tastes like a fruit danish that way.
I make this often but I add a pat of butter on top when I sprinkle the cinnamon. Its really good and easy!