Lise in Indiana's Note:
Found on a low-carbing site - haven't tried these yet, but it looked interesting and promising - and flaxseed is SO good for us all, dieting or not.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups erythritol (powdered, not granulated)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup Splenda granular (see note #1)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9X13 pan.
- 2Cream the butter until fluffy.
- 3Add the erythritol to the butter and cream them together until fully combined (aim for a fluffy texture).
- 4Add the vanilla and beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
- 5Add salt and cocoa, beat well.
- 6Add chocolate, beat until fluffy.
- 7Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- 8Pour into a pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top springs back.
- 9You can also test if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in the brownies. If it comes out clean, or almost-so, they're done.
- 10Cool, then cut into 32 squares.
- 11If you cheat and eat one warm, know that the texture will be different once completely cool. That's when they become like real brownies. (They are even better the next day.).
- 12note #1: you may use another artificial sweetener instead of the granular Splenda, just make sure it is the equivalent sweetening power of 1 cup of sugar.
- 13note #2: powdered erythritol is available here: http://www6.netrition.com/sensato_erythritol.html.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Miracle Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 140.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: