Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Greatest low carb ice cream i've tried.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 pinch salt
- green food coloring (few drops) (optional)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free chocolate, chopped
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat cream and water until steaming (2min).
- While cream is heating, mix everything but the chocolate together well. Add to hot cream and return to microwave until steaming, but NOT boiling (1min).
- Follow instructions on your ice cream maker (I did about 20 minutes). Be sure to add chocolate half way through the process.
Way too much Splenda sweetner. I used a fraction figuring I'd adjust as i go because it sounded like a lot. I did not add any more and has strong Splenda aftertaste. Would use much less next time, less than a 1/4 cup, may even try Monk fruit instead which less of an aftertaste.