Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Some love it, some like it, some cant stand it. Milk is my biggest weakness and the hardest part of adhering to a low carb lifestyle. It doesn't taste exactly like milk but it does hit the spot when I'm craving. I can not take the credit for this recipe it was found on a forum I am uploading it here for both sharing as well as easier calculations when I scale up (I usually make 7 cups at a time) Thread recipe was obtained from http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/550601-homemade-low-carb-milk.html
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream (depending on how creamy you want it)
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons instant milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash sugar (use artificial if you want) (optional)
- Combine ingredients and mix. I suggest adding everything but the cream shake it them pour and stir in the cream. I have accidentally made whipped cream before :).
- Note on sweetener; I typically use truvia but you can use whatever you are using a very small amount so the carbs in the real sugar are negligible.
- You can drink this right away but a good 24 hours in the fridge definitely improves the flavor and consistency. It lasts about a week and a half when I make a liter of it.