Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a low carb version of Rachel Ray's Mexican Lasagna. Depending on ingredients, each serving is approximately 12 net carbs. Original recipe found here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/mexican-lasagna-recipe/index.html
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken breast (or semi frozen chicken pulsed in food processor)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 8 ounces enchilada sauce (I like the red Rick Bayless sauce)
- 6 low-carb flour tortillas (Mama Lupe's)
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and dried onion. Brown the meat, 5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the 6 low carb tortillas into wedges. Spread each wedge with cream cheese.
- Place a layer of tortillas in an oiled 9x9 pan. Top this with 1/3rd of the meat mixture, followed by 1/3rd of the shredded cheese. Keep layering tortillas, cheese and meat mixture until there are 3 or 4 layers. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and brown.