Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is a simple low carb-entree that I developed while cleaning out the frige.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken
- 4 -5 roasted green chilies, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans (or cooked beans of your choice)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Brown onions slowly in olive oil.
- Shred chicken (you can use leftover chicken from a previous meal or just pick up a roasted chicken at the grocery store).
- Slice green chiles and stir into the browning onions.
- Add refried beans (or omit, as you wish), chicken, cream cheese and cumin.
- Stir and taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve as is or over brown rice if you aren't watching carbs, or stir in a cup of frozen corn kernels.
- Garnish with shredded cheese or olives, if you wish.
Got rave reviews from my husband. Used white navy beans and it came out spectacular. Served in tortillas. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation.