Here is a simple low carb-entree that I developed while cleaning out the frige.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown onions slowly in olive oil.
- 2Shred chicken (you can use leftover chicken from a previous meal or just pick up a roasted chicken at the grocery store).
- 3Slice green chiles and stir into the browning onions.
- 4Add refried beans (or omit, as you wish), chicken, cream cheese and cumin.
- 5Stir and taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- 6Serve as is or over brown rice if you aren't watching carbs, or stir in a cup of frozen corn kernels.
- 7Garnish with shredded cheese or olives, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Mexican Chicken Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.9
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 194.4 mg
- Sodium 443.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 61.1 g