Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe freezes well and leftovers make a terrific omelet filling.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and well-drained)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup canned sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the hamburger and onion; drain fat.
- Put in a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole along with all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and bake at 350ºF for about 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.
My favorite recipe on this site! I changed it a little - no onions and after the ground beef is cooked I add everything to the crock pot and let it cook for a couple of hours. It makes it more of a dip that we eat w/nachos. So much for low carb but it's a hit! I am asked to make it all the time!!
This was a hit with our family. I did use fresh spinach instead of frozen as that's what I had on hand. I wilted it in the pan after the ground beef and onion were cooked, then threw the cream cheese on top for a bit to get it melty. Then mixed it with everything else in the pan. I can not wait to try it in my omelet tomorrow morning! Thank you so much for posting!
I have made this several times for my husband and I. I add a can of green chiles to the mix and shredded cheddar to the top. We fill a low carb tortilla with it, add a little taco sauce and eat it like a burrito! UNBELIEVABLE!!!