Recipe by TheDancingCook
Another personal South Beach Diet friendly favorite of mine. It's flavorful and easy to throw together, bakes in less than 1 hour. I serve this with a side of my Mexican Jumping Beans. For the taco seasoning, I like to make my own (no sugar added; there are plenty of taco seasoning Zaar recipes to choose from, if you would like to make your own.
Top Review by LDS Chef Ashlie
Such a simple recipe but yet SO GOOD. I sprinkled salt on both sides of the chicken, did 4 chicken breasts. Didn't really measure the seasoning I just kept sticking a 1/2 TBL scooper in the package and seasoned both sides of each chicken (so I'm not sure how much I used, probably more than called for but it was tasty!!) and I used about 1/2 a jar of salsa and I did bake it covered with foil so the chicken wouldn't dry out. I think I might add black beans like another user did and fiesta cheese makes this so yummy!!! We had spanish rice and re fried black beans. Thanks!!!
- 2 (226.79 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9.85 ml taco seasoning (I prefer homemade with no sugar added)
- 118.29 ml salsa, any degree (I prefer Newman's Own; it's low in sugar)
- 118.29 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (I prefer the Mexi-blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a shallow, small baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Coat chicken lightly with taco seasoning, on both sides; spoon salsa over top of breast.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on both breasts evenly; bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted through.