Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend gave me this recipe when low-carb diets were popular -- but it's a good meatloaf recipe whether you're on a special diet or not.
- 3 lbs meatloaf mixture (ground veal, beef, pork)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except ground meat. Add ground meat and mix with your hands.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.