Recipe by Lise in Indiana
Use a low-carb tortilla or lavash in place of a carb-filled bread crust. Really relieves the carb cravings!
Top Review by Take a Letter Maria
Very Good, and a life saver for those of us low carbing. I really miss pizza and this hit the spot, almost like a thin crust pizza I did not fry it in the pan but placed it on a cookie sheet added the topping and baked till everything melted, I used a product called carb choppers tortillas that are sold at my Sams Club. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 ounces Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ounce pepperoni, sliced
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 ounce mushroom, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Heat a medium oven-proof skillet over low heat.
- Brush one side of low-carb lavash (3 net grams carbs)with half the butter.
- Place the lavash, butter-side-down, in the skillet and cook for 45 seconds.
- Brush with remaining butter and turn the lavash over to brown the other side.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the lavash.
- Top with the sausage, pepperoni, and cheese.
- Add mushrooms, fresh or canned, if desired.
- Place skillet into the hot oven and bake 10 minutes, till pizza is bubbly and cheese is golden.
- Remove skillet from oven (use a pot holder - the handle will be HOT).
- Slide pizza out of skillet and cool 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve.