Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
When we were on the "low carb" kick, I came up with this deviation from a classic meat loaf. This takes some time to cook, but is well worth the time. The surprise here is the usage of Toasted Wheat Bran instead of bread crumbs.
- Combine beef, eggs, milk, soup mix, steak sauce, wheat bran and 3/4 of the tomato sauce in a large bowl. I squish it all together with my freshly washed hands -- gets them kinda messy!
- Place meat mixture in an oven proof pan, pour remaining tomato sauce on top and spread it around.
- Cover and bake in a preheated to 350 degree for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 - 30 minutes or until brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes.
I used Oat Bran instead of Wheat Bran and it came out great.