Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I lost 70 lbs on a low-carb diet and really missed having mashed potatoes. This is a great substitute (especially if you like cauliflower) since it when mashed it is the same consistency as mashed potatoes.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 quarts water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, mashed (optional)
- In a large cooking pot add cauliflower and water.
- Cook on medium high until cauliflower is soft (about 15 minutes).
- Drain cauliflower.
- In a large bowl add cauliflower, butter, sour cream, garlic (optional), salt and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher or use a hand mixer on low speed until creamy.
When I was low carbing it I made this recipe and I loved it! This is a great substitute for anyone on a low-carb diet! When I found the recipe you would have thought I had found gold..... Thanks for posting!
This was wonderful. Add cheddar cheese too!
I'm sorry,i,too went to ww,and I tried this and it doesn't work for me,i didn't like it at all,i'd rather just eat the cauliflower and forget trying to make it taste like mashed potatoes,because you can't.