1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A good substitute for candied sweet potatoes. Be very careful when you are peeling or cutting a rutabaga. They are a beast to handle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cooking the rutabagas in lightly salted water until just soft (about 15 to 20 minutes depending on slice size).
- 2Mix the rutabagas, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and cream with half of the butter until smooth with an electic mixer.
- 3Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish and smooth the top.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes and melt the remaining butter and set aside.
- 5After the 30 minutes, sprinkle the pecans over the top and drizzle with the melted butter.
- 6Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Mashed Candied Rutabagas
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: