Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
A good substitute for candied sweet potatoes. Be very careful when you are peeling or cutting a rutabaga. They are a beast to handle.
- Cooking the rutabagas in lightly salted water until just soft (about 15 to 20 minutes depending on slice size).
- Mix the rutabagas, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and cream with half of the butter until smooth with an electic mixer.
- Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish and smooth the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes and melt the remaining butter and set aside.
- After the 30 minutes, sprinkle the pecans over the top and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
This was quite good. Nevertheless, I think it needs a bit of brown sugar--sprinkled on top--and a more sweetner. I also think one cooked/finelly mashed carrot might do the trick to make it look/taste more like sweet potatoes. Will try it next time. Thanks a lot for sharing!