Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a change from the ordinary faux taters - really easy - very tasty.
- peel and chunk your turnips. (I don't suggest substituting rutabaga - it has a different flavour).
- Cut up your cauliflower floretes into equal size as your turnips.
- Ccover with water, add a pinch of salt and boil until your vegetables are fork tender - approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
- Drain well with a colander and return to the pot.
- Put your cream cheese in while the veggies are very not and mash together, add pepper to taste.
- Return pot to the heat (very very low) and let some of the moisture evaporate - you must stir every once in a while - once they have reached a nice sticky consistency - they are ready to serve.