Great for fulfilling a mac and cheese craving, modified version of what I found on the back of the Dreamfields box. We loved this! Digestible carbs per serving is 12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dreamfields elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pieces Laughing Cow cheese, wedges swiss (optional)
- 1 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 -6 mushrooms (optional)
- low-fat hot dog, sliced (optional)
- 1Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat; sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add half & half and milk, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Toss pasta and sauce together. Add cheeses and optional hot dog slices; stir until well blended and pour into casserole dish. Top with Parmesan.
- 4Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 614.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.8 g