Recipe by Marysdottir
A really yummy low carb version of rice pudding. If you grate the cauliflower fairly fine this tastes more like rice but either way it is decadently rich and delicious. I am posting it here because I've never seen another recipe like this one and every time I restart low carb eating I'm afraid that it will have disappeared. From the site "Low Carb Luxury" which I highly recommend for interesting recipes. Makes 4 high calorie but tiny servings.
- 1⁄2 cup raw cauliflower, finely grated or riced
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup brown Sugar Twin
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup of cream with sweeteners, extracts, spices, and cauliflower. Heat in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup of cream; set aside.
- Pour remainder of cream in sauce pan, add cream cheese and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cauliflower mixture and egg mixture to pan and stir to rethicken.
- Pour into 4 small ramekins or pudding dishes and refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!