Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I recently went on a Carnival Cruise where I ate the most delicious low carb cheesecake! Upon returning home I was on the hunt to find the supplier or a recipe that would do it justice. I don't recall where I stumbled upon this one, but it is by far the best low carb cheesecake I have EVER had. Creamy, moist, yummy crust- not rubbery, no weird aftertaste- none of that. The only difficult part is getting the nut crust fine enough, but even without a crust it's great. Many steps to this, but so worth it!
- 1 cup whole almond
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs, preferably room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Crust Preparation.
- Pulse almonds in food processor until the largest pieces are as big as lentils or split peas. You can use a blender as well.
- Add the butter and the sweetener. Blend until it's mixed evenly and push evenly into bottom of springform pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and raise oven heat to 400°F.
- Filling Preparation.
- Put cream cheese in mixing bowl, and beat until fluffy. Add other ingredients, scraping the bowl and beaters each time (this is very important), fully incorporating each ingredient. When all ingredients are combined, scrape one more time, beat one more minute, and pour mixture into springform pan over crust.
- Put the cheesecake on a sheet pan in case of drippage. After putting the cheesecake in the oven at 400 F, turn the oven down to 350°F Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, checking often after an hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 155 F, remove from oven.
- Chill completely. To speed this up I put the cheesecake in the freezer for about 1/2 hr and then check it to make sure it's not completely frozen. I leave it in there until it's cold, but not frozen solid. Then transfer to refrigerator. Keep refrigerated otherwise it will go bad quickly on the countertop because there is no sugar to act as a preservative.
- You can make a strawberry sauce from sugar free jam. I just take a couple of spoonfuls and stir in a small bowl until smooth, add a tiny bit of water and pour on top of cheesecake.
This was the second low carb cheese cake I've ever made and I don't think I need to look further.<br/>Excellent!
This was a great recipe!!! I also took the extra carbs out and made this in a ceramic pie dish. It was done in an hour!!! It's easy and quick, and my little 2 year old says "Yummy Mommy!" We are hard core low-carbers, and this fit right in to our lifestyle. This will be a part of dessert almost every week!!!
This was wonderful! I made only the filling and baked it in a pie dish sprayed with Pam to avoid the extra carbs from the crust. It came out perfectly! I made it for the birthday of a friend who is on a lowcarb diet, but it was devoured by everyone in the department, most of whom were not on low carb diets. Everyone loved it, I had several requests for copies of the recipe, and people were very surprised to find that it was so low in carbs. The only thing I will try differently the next time is maybe finding a nice sugar free raspberry topping for it, but honestly--this cheesecake doesn't need anything extra to make it perfect. Thanks for a great recipe!