2 hrs 30 mins
I recently went on a Carnival Cruise where I ate the most delicious low carb cheesecake! Upon returning home I was on the hunt to find the supplier or a recipe that would do it justice. I don't recall where I stumbled upon this one, but it is by far the best low carb cheesecake I have EVER had. Creamy, moist, yummy crust- not rubbery, no weird aftertaste- none of that. The only difficult part is getting the nut crust fine enough, but even without a crust it's great. Many steps to this, but so worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crust Preparation.
- 2Pulse almonds in food processor until the largest pieces are as big as lentils or split peas. You can use a blender as well.
- 3Add the butter and the sweetener. Blend until it's mixed evenly and push evenly into bottom of springform pan.
- 4Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and raise oven heat to 400°F.
- 5Filling Preparation.
- 6Put cream cheese in mixing bowl, and beat until fluffy. Add other ingredients, scraping the bowl and beaters each time (this is very important), fully incorporating each ingredient. When all ingredients are combined, scrape one more time, beat one more minute, and pour mixture into springform pan over crust.
- 7Put the cheesecake on a sheet pan in case of drippage. After putting the cheesecake in the oven at 400 F, turn the oven down to 350°F Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, checking often after an hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 155 F, remove from oven.
- 8Chill completely. To speed this up I put the cheesecake in the freezer for about 1/2 hr and then check it to make sure it's not completely frozen. I leave it in there until it's cold, but not frozen solid. Then transfer to refrigerator. Keep refrigerated otherwise it will go bad quickly on the countertop because there is no sugar to act as a preservative.
- 9You can make a strawberry sauce from sugar free jam. I just take a couple of spoonfuls and stir in a small bowl until smooth, add a tiny bit of water and pour on top of cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Luxury Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 155.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: